Monday, July 28, 2014

Homemade Hickory Smoke BBQ Sauce

Originally for our wedding favors we were going to do an apple cider mix and pumpkin cake in a jar. Then I got an even batter idea; homemade bbq sauce! Up until this weekend I had never made bbq sauce, but I am so glad I did. It turned out to be AMAZING!! I took a jar to Ryan's parents, my parents, and our good friends. All said it was "over the moon" good and they even asked when I would be making more.
 
What you will need:

INGREDIENTS

2 cups ketchup
⅔ cup dark or light brown sugar (dark for sweeter)
4 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
¼ cup worcestershire sauce
 3 tbsp. white or cider vinegar
 2 tsp. bbq spice
  freshly ground black pepper
Salt
Liquid Smoke

INSTRUCTIONS
 
1. Put ketchup, sugar, garlic, worcestershire, vinegar, barbecue spice, salt, liquid smoke, and pepper into a small heavy-bottomed saucepan and stir until well combined. Simmer over medium-low heat to maintain a gentle simmer, 25 for  minutes. If not using sauce right away, allow to cool, then store in a clean jar, tightly sealed, in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
 



 
So now we are going to have homemade pumpkin cake and homemade bbq sauce for our wedding favors.
 
If you decide to try this recipe, let me know what you think or if you made any modifications.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment