Monday, July 28, 2014

446 Days Until I Say "I DO" to the Most Amazing Man I know

Seriously, 446 days?! I am beyond thrilled to be marrying my best friend after almost 7 years of dating, but I hate the anticipation. I want so badly to be his wife!

We took a little hiatus from planning; by accident really. We were so focused on our move that once we moved in we were just excited that we got to see each other everyday and start sharing our life together. Living together has been better than I could have ever imagined. I honestly cannot think back to what it was like before.
 
But now we are getting back to some of the wedding planning, mainly because I start back to school in a few weeks and we want to get some of the details taken care of to take a load off of me while in my last semester. Ryan has been really involved in all the details, which is great for me! It is nice that we are on the same page with all the wedding ideas.
 
We still have a lot left to do. I am doing a lot of DIY projects that can wait until closer, if I can contain myself.
 
Here's to hoping the next 446 days get here soon, so I finally say "I Do."
 
Shannon & Ryan
October 17, 2015 446 days to go!

2 comments:

  1. Wow 446 days is so long! I recently wrote a post about marriage (http://ashleynicoleholmes.blogspot.com/2014/07/my-take-on-mormon-marriage.html), and specifically about why my engagement was so short (just three months). So I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but I'm just wondering, if you wish you were already married and if you want the time to go by so quickly, why are you having such a long engagement? I just want to understand :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That doesn't sound mean at all =) Yes, I wish we were already married, it feels like we are. But, Ryan and I both wanted to wait until I finished college. Mailing because I stress over everything and I am very Type A when it comes to everything. So, between school, moving, and the wedding, we thought it would be best to have a long engagement. We are also paying for majority the wedding and needed to save up. Plus, when Ryan asked my dad for permission, my dad said not until I was done college lol =) The waiting really sucks, but it will be worth it! I am glad you asked, thanks! I will also take a look at your post. I love reading about engagements =D

    ReplyDelete