Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sticky Fingers BBQ Pulled Chicken and Hush Puppies

Ryan and I were very pleased to find that out local grocery store carried Sticky Fingers BBQ Sauce. So for dinner over the weekend I made Sticky Fingers BBQ pulled chicken (crockpot style) and homemade hush puppies. I am a sucker for fried foods, especially hush puppies. I looked at several recipes for hush puppies, but finally decided to wing it and start mixing.
 
Ingredients:
2 1/2 Cups of yellow cornmeal; 1/2 Cup Flour; 4 t baking powder; 1 t baking soda; 1 t salt; 2 t sugar
2 large eggs; 1 1/2 Cups Buttermilk; 1 small onion chopped; sweet corn ( I didn't measure, I used maybe 1/2 cup)

Steps:
Mix Dry  Ingredients
Mix Wet Ingredients
Add the wet mix to the dry mix
use a spoons to drop batter into 1 quart of peanut oil
It should only take about 1 to 2 minutes ( I waited until they were golden brown)
Place between two napkins to soak up oil
 
We have a small deep fryer or you can use a large put filled with peanut oil.
 
I was a little nervous how they would taste, but they trued out great. Since it made like 50, I passed them out to our neighbors and to my soon-to-be in-laws.
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment