Wednesday, February 18, 2015

DIY Wedding Card Holder

Since I love crafting so much and I am on a tight budget for our wedding, I am doing a lot of DIY projects. One of which is this wedding card holder. It was inexpensive and easy to make.

What you'll need:
One large Paper Mache Round Box
One slightly smaller Paper Mache Round Box ( you can use as many as you want)
Burlap/Lace Ribbon
Flowers
Glue
Chalkboard sign
small pins

Steps:
Outline the small box on top of the larger box
Cut the outline out, just slightly inside the line so the smaller box can sit on top without falling trough
Cut the bottom out of the smaller one so that it opens up  into the bottom of the larger one
Cut a small opening, but big enough to fit a card through, at the top of the smaller of the two boxes
Use glue to assemble the small box on top of the large box
I also glues the lids on in care it were to fall off the table, no cards will fall out
Trimmed the bottom of both boxes with the burlap/lace ribbon
I used three white roses to glue in various places
Use small pins to attach the chalkboard sign

 
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment or email me!  
 
I purchased all of the materials from Hobby Lobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment