Wednesday, January 14, 2015

DIY Flanel Blanket Scarf

If you have read any of my previous post you'll know that I love DIY project and crafty things, so this is another quick and easy DIY project that is great for the winter. I have been wanting to buy a flannel blanket scarf but I thought I would give it a try and make my own, plus it saves from money.
I went to Hobby Lobby- my  kryptonite- and found a plaid flannel pattern that I liked. If you are addicted to Hobby Lobby like I am, then you should know that they always have a  40% off coupon on one item that is not on sale. You can also get the Hobby lobby app on your phone and use that. I was able to get two yards of flannel for just under $6, not too bad!
 
what you will need:
2 yards of flannel
fabric scissors
Steps:
cut about 2 inches off of each side
grab the loose threads and simply pull
Pull until the edges start to fringe

 
 
{This is 2 yards folded over to make it easier to cut the edges}
 
I have small fridges, but mainly because I got tired of pulling. I am hoping that over time it will fringe more.
 
I will keep pulling and hopefully have a better picture to post soon.
  
{I was having some trouble getting a hold of the stray pieces, so I used a safety pin to pull up threads to fringe}
 
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to wear a flannel blanket scarf another way? I would love to hear from you!  

3 comments:

  1. cute scarf!! i love the plaid pattern. xo jillian - cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! I just posted about my blanket scarf the other day. Making one is such a smart idea! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the sweet compliment. Go Pack, Go! Hoping they get to Superbowl after this weekend!!!
    www.california-to-carolina.com

    ReplyDelete